Monday, February 15, 2010

Crosspost for Pinups for Pitbulls

Please consider adopting... these dogs are in NJ in foster, but have support in NJ, MD and VA. If housecheck ok, transport available! :) Please share - thanks!
for homes!

If you can help please contact Trish at tmv570@yahoo.com. Thanks!

From Trish:
Hi all...I have been independently fostering dogs from Georgia for a little over a month now. There are great dogs in small shelters in the South who have terrible policies on the length of time a dog can stay in the shelter. And, unfortunately, the shelters are overrun with dogs on a weekly basis and sadly, many of these wonderful dogs are put to sleep. I attach three links with dogs that I will be fostering in my home. I ask that you save a life, adopt a dog...and if you are not able to do so, please send this email on to all of your friends because these dogs deserve a second chance at life. Thank you! :)


Goober http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=15673699
Pecan http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=15673740
Jada http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=15671536



Hi, I’m Goober! Sorry I appear so serious in my pictures (it was the treats!), but if you'll notice, my tail is wagging at warp speed in my pics because I was so happy to have some company! I am true to my name - I am goofy, and silly and still sort of puppyish! I am also a very lovable boy. Goober is approx. 2 years old.

Although I appear to be a large dog, I am actually only medium sized. I am also housebroken as I kept my run dry and couldn't wait to get out to the yard to relieve myself! As you can see by my pictures, I have a beautiful shiny black coat and I am very healthy looking too. Although some of the other dogs in the shelter with me weren't so nice, I just ignored them as I walked by their cages, not paying them any attention whatsoever! I am a strong boy so I will need a strong leader. I will need some help with learning how to walk on a leash but when the proper leash is used higher on my neck (like a martingale) then I am really good on a leash! Won't you give me a second chance? Won't you be my fur-ever Valentine?!!!! ***This dog is up-to-date on his shots and will be neutered prior to adoption***

Goober is not available through TSWR, if you are interested in meeting him please contact his foster mom directly: TMV570@YAHOO.COM
GOOBER is up-to-date with routine shots, house trained and spayed/neutered.




Hi! I am Pecan. I was recently saved from a high-kill shelter in Georgia by my new foster mom because she thought I was so adorable and sweet that she had to find me the wonderful, loving home that I deserve. I was found dragging a chain, wearing a huge collar that was partially imbedded in my neck. I got off of my chain and ran into an apartment of an animal lover, much to their surprise. They removed my collar and chain, gave me a bath, and brought me to the shelter in hopes that I could find a wonderful, loving, forever family of my own.

At only 7 months old, I am the perfect age to grow up with you, and to learn from you how to be a model canine citizen. I currently weigh 33 pounds. When a friend came to play with me at the shelter, she said that I was amazingly sweet and TINY! She said I’d only need a 24” crate. She also described me as being a “love bug”. I am great on a lead and very playful. I am a medium-energy dog. Will you find it in your heart to give me the wonderful home that I deserve? I promise that you won’t regret it! I will be your absolute BEST FRIEND in the whole wide world!! ***This dog is up-to-date on her shots and will be spayed prior to adoption***

PECAN IS NOT AVAILABLE THRU TSWR. If you are interested in meeting her please contact her foster mom directly at: TMV570@YAHOO.COM
PECAN is up-to-date with routine shots, house trained and spayed/neutered.




Jada is a sad case. She is underweight at 41 pounds, but has been gaining weight slowly. Her owner surrendered her to a shelter in Georgia. So Jada had a family at one time. She was rescued from the high-kill shelter because she is a super sweet girl who deserves a second chance! The shelter she came from contacted Jada's vet and they have her records- she is up to date on her vaccines, is heartworm negative (as per her vet records) and is spayed!!

Jada simply needs to be given more food, and on a regular basis, and high quality food at that. Jada was overwhelmed at the pound, and scared to be there. If you move slowly, give her treats and speak to her softly, Jada is so grateful! She thumps her tail tentatively, and oh-so-hesitantly nudge your hand for more treats.

The leash is a new thing for her so you will have to work with her on that. Jada has sores on her bottom that may be from having to sit for a long time on a hard surface. Jada's vet (where she was boarded) says she is sweet girl who deserves another chance, and fast! She will need a quiet, loving home that has the patience to spend just a bit of time with her. Can you do that for Jada? She will be worth every minute! Please give her a chance and she will return the favor by being your best friend!

Jada is not being adopted out by TSWR, please contact her foster mom directly if you are interested in meeting Jada: tmv570@yahoo.com.
Jada is up-to-date with routine shots, house trained and spayed/neutered.

No comments:

Post a Comment