Tuesday, February 16, 2010

a crosspost-Toby

We were going through some very difficult challenges growling, snarling, particularly at my husband who is one of the kindest people on the planet. He has been to the vet several times and the last time we took a full blood panel, and his Thyroid is off the charts. Beginning Wed. he is going on Levothyroxin Sodium at .6 milligrams.

He has calmed down quite a bit. A woman from NJ showed quite a bit of interest in him once I posted that euthanasia might be in order, however has not called or emailed me back once I mentioned the Thyroid issue. Hopefully I will hear from her.

I am also hopeful that once he is on medication for a bit his fur will begin to grow back. He is no longer growling or snarling, or peeing in the house:) not bad considering he has not been here that long. In the 10 years I have been around this breed, I have not had a dog quite like him.

He does require more than what we can offer him here with all the other dogs and is very charming when it is one on one, and I would not rule out a female dog for him once he is secure with this surrounding.

So, if there is anyone out there that would be willing to help Tobias and me out, we would be grateful for it.

He is app. 4-5 years of age, 64lbs, came to me at 42lbs male, will be neutered as soon as I get the OK, up to date on all and on HW preventative, HW - and Lyme -. Possible candidate for a home with a nice calm female dog, do not know about cats or small furry animals. He was found in a bad part of Brooklyn as a stray, and his past history is unknown. He has gone untreated for a Thyroid condition for a long time.

Thanks you,
Sylva and Tobias

P.S. of course if there are not takers he stays here, but a place with less dogs would be very beneficial for Toby.

No comments:

Post a Comment