Saturday, April 17, 2010

Norristown PA URGENT!!!!

CONTACT: From: Christy Grossman <Christy_Lyn@comcast.net>



Date: April 16, 2010 10:16:03 PM EDT
To: alchernoff@mac.com, joepanz1@yahoo.com
Subject: URGENT!!!! Puppy Saved From Cigarettes and Kicking, NowDesperate!!!! Please Help! PA


Hi Al and Joe,

A friend of a friend passed along your e-mail contacts to me, in hopes that you might be able to help. This poor pittie girl has been saved from near death, but is now in desperate need of someone who understands Pits and can help her grow into the girl that I know she has the potential to be. Her name is Bella and the vet thinks she is about 5 – 6 months old and this is her story:
I was contacted by a co-worker of mine, because she knows I do a lot of rescue work and own a pit of my own so she was hoping I might have some contacts to help, regarding a pit bull that a friend of hers rescued. This girl was walking through Norristown, PA a couple months ago when she saw a man put cigarettes out on this young pit and kicking her. The girl apparently ran over to the man and asked him what he thought he was doing. The man replied that he did not want the dog anymore and that he was going to let her die. With that, the girl untied the dog and took her! She brought her to the local SPCA, but they of course said they would just put her down. So instead she had her checked out and got her all her vaccinations. The girl nursed Bella back to health, but was unable to keep her because she lives in an apartment that is not allowed to have animals. So the pit went to a friend of hers a couple weeks ago. This girl thought she would have no problem placing her, but is quickly finding out how difficult it actually is. The girl that has her also lives in an apartment and the poor pup is not able to expend her energy properly, so she is becoming destructive. Also, the girl that currently has her, told me that she “knows nothing about dogs.” So having a pit is not ideal, when she already knows nothing about dogs. She is ready for the dog to go and I do not want her to drop Bella at a shelter or SPCA.

I was hoping that you might be able to help or know of someone that could lend a hand. I really want to help this girl find the perfect home! But I think we are running out of time. I am told she is a little pit. My husband and I are going to meet her on Sunday, so I will be able to get more information at that time. I am not sure if she is dog friendly, but I will test her on Sunday.
Any help that you could provide would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you for your time and all the hard work that you guys do! My husband and I always watch Rescue Ink and praise you guys for all the rescues and education that you do!!!
Thanks for giving Pits a good name!
Sincerely,

Christy
NBR - Volunteer
www.boxerrescue.com
We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals -Immanuel Kant , Philosopher


No comments:

Post a Comment